On the trail that can very well be described as ‘military’, we can encounter a number of fortifications and barracks. On the route are: natural beauty spots, especially near Wieliszew, and architectural monuments, such as the ruins of a castle in Góra. Trail wholly suitable for cyclists.
A. 16 km ----> Suchocin – Olszewnica Stara
The route well ‘fortified’ with installations from Modlin. Tasty morsel for militaria fans.
B. 19,6 km ----> Olszewnica Stara – Zegrze Południowe
Through meadows and forests and the Narew river areas and Zegrze Reservoir
C. 9,7 km ----> Zegrze Południowe – Nieporęt
Through the Nieporęt Forests to Nieporęt. Along the way, interesting memorabilia from World War I and II.
D. 15,7 km ----> Nieporęt – Zamostki Wólczyńskie
Along the way, the fort and barracks in Beniaminów, and a huge oak ‘Jan Kazimierz’.
AND DISCOVER ON THE MAP
- 0. Start
- 1. Folwark Trzciany
- 2a. Tsarist fortifications – Work No. 10 in Janówek Drugi
- K. Las „Kadzielnia”
- 2. Fort IV - Russian fortifications of the Janówek Group in Janówek Pierwszy
- 3. Fort XVII - Russian fortifications of the Janówek Group in Janówek Pierwszy
- 4. Work No. 9 - Russian fortifications of the Janówek Group in Janówek Pierwszy
- 5. Monument to the fallen in Janowek Pierwszy - Nowodworska 17 Str.
- 6. Monument 'In honour of the fallen' in Janówek Pierwszy - Nowodworska 17 Str.
- 7. Ruins of the palace in Góra
- 8. Independence Monument in Olszewnica Stara
- 9. Roadside cross from 1922 in Skrzeszew intersection of Kościelna and Dojazdowa streets
- 10. Roadside cross from 1922 in Skrzeszew intersection of Nowodworska and Szkolna streets
- 11. Polish airfield from September 1939 in Poniatów
- 12. Site of ancient manor of Grocholski family in Poniatów
- 13. Military cemetery of Polish Army soldiers from 1939 in Wieliszew
- 14. The Parish Cemetery in Wieliszew
- 15. Transfiguration of Christ Parish Church in Wieliszew
- 16. Plaque commemorating the Grey Ranks in Zegrze Południowe at the intersection of Warszawska and Rybaki Streets
- 17. Plaque commemorating the Oath Crisis in the Polish Legions in 1917 in Zegrze Południowe
- 18. Garrison Military Cemetery in Wieliszew
- 19. Plaque commemorating first lieutenant of the Polish Army Kazimierz Widort in Michałów-Reginów surroundings of Główna Str. and Osiedlowa Str.
- 20. Field of the battle fought on 24 February 1831 in Nieporęt
- 21. Monument to the officers of the Polish Legions detained in the internment camps in Białobrzegi
- 22. Plaque commemorating the internment of the Polish Legions officers in Białobrzegi
- 23. Cemetery of Soviet prisoners of war in Białobrzegi
- 24. Tsarist Fort from the early 20th century in Beniaminów
- 25. The monument commemorating the crew of the Polish bomber PZL.37B Moose (Łoś) in Wólka Radzymińska near the junction of Szkolna and Topolowa streets
- 26. Site of the Battle of Warsaw (14/15 August 1920) in Wólka Radzymińska
- 27. Monument to the fallen Kaniowski Riflemen in Zamostki Wólczyńskie